Standard features include grooved tubing and louvered aluminum fins. The large face areas of the refrigerant coils provide superior efficiency for high SEER and HSPF performance. Coil circuiting has also been updated to make the most of all Carrier® and Bryant® heat pumps and air conditioners. Also units come with solid state fan controls, 1-in (25mm) thick insulation with R-value of 4.2, multi-speed motors, and fully-wettable coils. Units can accommodate factory and/or field-installed heaters from 3 to 30 kW.
It also should be noted that the unique cabinet design of these fan coils meet new stringent regulations for cabinet air leakage – a requirement of 2% cabinet leakage rate when tested at 1.0 inches of static pressure.
The FX4D fan coil is the Puron® refrigeration design loaded with popular features. It comes in a pre-painted (taupe metallic) galvanized steel casing and is shipped with a cleanable, permanent framed filter, and a factory-supplied power plug. These fan coils utilize the latest in electronic commutation motor (ECM) technology through the use of high efficiency, multi-tap ECM motors.
- Multi-tap ECM (electronic commutating motor) motors – all sizes
- Integrated motor controls have replaced integrated circuit board
- Large, grooved tube, louvered fin coils
- Efficient, quiet, time-tested blower housings and diffusers
- Sturdy, drainable condensate pans
- Cabinet construction features innovations designed to prevent cabinet sweating
- Tested for condensate disposal in much tougher conditions than Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute requirements
- Super-thick R-4.2 insulation with vapor barrier
- Pre-painted galvanized steel cabinet (taupe metallic)
- Cabinet design meets stringent regulations for 2% cabinet leakage rate when tested at 1.0 inches static pressure
- Installation-flexible, multipoise units
- Horizontal hanging provisions on cabinet
- No tools required to service filter
- Factory-supplied, cleanable and reusable filter
- Newly improved filter rack area filter door insulation added for improved air seal
- 3-through 30-kW accessory heaters – field installed
- Factory-supplied power plug
- Easy plug-in provisions for heater installation
- Entry options for high and low voltage wiring hook-up
- Simple, 5-amp blade fuse (and a spare) to protect 40 VA transformer
- Leak-preventing sweat connections
- Designed for manufactured housing applications.
- Puron®, environmentally sound refrigerant
- Factory-installed Puron® refrigerant thermostatic expansion valves (TXV)